Monday, September 19, 2016

Autumn Inspiration

As a volunteer for the Monroe Farmers' Market, I have the opportunity to spend Friday afternoons  surrounded by luscious colors and textures of the products grown by our local farmers in Connecticut. And last week I realized just how inspiring they are to me not only as delicious foods, but also as decorating ideas.

And that is at no time more true than in the fall. It's amazing to me the colors and textures nature provides as a palette in our produce at this time of year. And it's not just the pumpkins, although I do love to bring orange into my fall decorating. But it's also the rich colors and textures of peppers.




And let's not forget the figs!
The rustic colors and textures of potatoes.
                           
And this is just getting started! Let's not forget the apples, beets, kale . . . you get the idea. And the bottom line for me is, if nature can do it, so can I! That means it's okay to bring in a mix of colors and textures inspired by fall, whether it's in accessories or more permanent. So bring in the artwork, decorate that mantel, or re-do an entire room. 
It's fall - go for it! And if you need inspiration? Try your local farmers' market.

No comments:

Post a Comment