Thursday, September 29, 2011

Welcome!

I'm very excited to be able to share tips, ideas, and things I love with you through my blog! While it won't be a whole lot different from my Design Tips, it will be more frequent. I've been updating my website when the seasons change. But with my blog, I can share with you things as I find them - or as they find me! For example, the June 2011 House Beautiful had a great piece on 101 finds from the hardware store. If you didn't have a chance to read it (I know I'm a little late) I want to share some of my favorites!


For things that are beautiful, check out this 3"x6" Travertine Tile from Home Depot. At just $5 a square foot, it's a great look for floors, walls, or countertops - at a very reasonble price. And the beige/cream color ensures it will go with everything. Just be sure and use it indoors only.


And what about this great red ice bucket from Lowes? Can you imagine using this during holiday gatherings as a colorful addition to the bar? Or what about using it as a container for a festive Christmas tree? No need for a tree skirt! And talk about year-round use! It will make a wonderful addition to your 4th of July gathering. And at 14"x10"x12" you can use it not just for ice but for you favorite beverages as well.



If you're looking for a great-looking outdoor light at a very low price, look no further than Home Depot once again. This great looking outdoor light is perfect for back or side doors. (It takes a 100w light bulb.) Reminiscent of jelly jars, it's perfect for most any decor. And at $5 each, you can't afford not to buy one (or more).


And one more thing from Lowe's. Check out this satin-nickel cabinet pull. Another $5 bargain - and it comes in increasingly popular oiled bronze as well. If this isn't the look you want, Gatehouse has some other great styles to choose from, all at reasonable prices.

And these are only 4 of the many great ideas! I promise to be more timely next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment